Saturday, November 22, 2008

Zhacai niurou mian 榨菜牛肉麵


Well, after a day of focused writing and translating, I took a spin around the neighborhood, planning to get a biandang 便當 (boxed meal to go) but the place was closed so I decided to hit a little back alley noodle shop. To my mind the measure of a good noodle shop, in Taiwan at least, is their niurou mian 牛肉麵 (shredded beef noodles), and if available zhacai 榨菜, a type of pickled mustard green stem. This dinner at NT$40 was worth it, not great but I will still try their other offerings.

2 comments:

Hiro said...

Food is so cheap there...
I wish I can go out and grab something like that here too...

I love noodles.

Ma said...

Ya, it is rather cheap and the number of noodle shops in my neighborhood is pretty high, though they all have very similar offerings.