Saturday, December 13, 2008


わい! Sorry for the long absence! The combination of working hard on me main project and a nasty little cold derailed by postings. Well, I have started to frequent the menu at a so called Shanxi 山西 "Shaved noodle" (dao xiao mian 刀削麵 place mentioned in previous posts. Today I had muxu chao mian 木須炒麵, fried noodles with shredded mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and eggs. This place is really quite good! The other day I visited a shaved noodle place in the Shida night market (師大夜市), but it was very much inferior to this. As a side note, I would just say the Shida market has really declined, that is to say, food-wise, the only real measure of a night market.

2 comments:

Hiro said...

Wow! I like chaomian!
OK, definitely I will go to this place!!!

Ma said...

Oh, Yes! I will bring you there when you come!